30.5.10

"I AM a writer!" Scene

A little dialogue from one of my projects named "Once upon a time..." It's kind of fairy weird tale. Characters from the first scenes; D the Bookstore Girl, Mr. Ozzy the Bookstore's Owner and Boy the boy... oh, and he is a writer.

Actually, I'm not a huge fan of male main characters. Especially these days. I prefer the female ones with a strong personality. But this story has to many female characters because of this main character is a male.

On the other side you need an explanation for this part of the story. Boy is the main character and he is a John Doe for now. He hit his head to cobblestone because of a thief and lose his consciousness. But for a moment he saw something red in the night and it was not blood. In the early hours of the next day's morning, D found him, woke him and brought him to the bookstore. She cleaned and bandaged his wound on his forehead. After these, she went to buy somethings for breakfast.

And, action!


Few minutes after D, an old man came to the bookstore. He had a lot of books in his arms. And he was walking with difficulty. He saw the young man in the store and walked to the him.

"Finally you came! I've been waiting for you the whole week, boy!" the old man said.
"Me? Why?" asked the young man.
"Why?! You ask? Now, come and help me. Take these," old man gave books and stuff to him.
"O-uh, okay."
"Go, go, walk," he pushed the boy with his cane.
"Mister, uh-- I think there is a misunderstanding here."
"Keep walking boy, speak less, work more."
"Okay, okay!" he said and in a low voice he continued "don't hit me with that thing."
"Don't mumble boy! Speak clear. I'm an old man. Now, stop, wait. I will find my keys... keys, this one for store, home, chase, mmm... it should be here..." he said and started searching his pockets.
"Mister, can I--"
"Shh, you will scare it."
"Whom I'll scare?"
"Shhh! Oh--- I found it," and he opened his room's door with an old key. "Come on, go inside," old man pushed the boy again. "Drop the things here boy," he went to his desk and turned on the old fashion lamb, "and come here, come closely, let me to see you."
"Oookay," he said but he didn't go. First, he looked the area weirdly.
"I SAID come here, boy! I don't have much time like you, come here."
"Okay, okay." And he went to the old man's near. And old man looked him very carefully.
"Interesting..." old man said.
"What? What's interesting?"
"Shh, silent." He looked to him for a awile, and later, "what happend to your head?"
"I hit it the cobblestone."
"Cobblestone?"
"Yes... cobblestone."
"Well, no judging here. Young ones has different and ridiculous hobbies these days."
"What? Wait, it's not a hobbie, I was--"
"What's your gift boy?"
"Wha-- what gift?"
"A gift. Everybody has a gift. Hmm, what's your gift?"
"Uhm..."
"Nothing? What do you do boy? What are you doing for life? Oh, I found. I should ask like this I think, 'What's your job?' "
"Oh! Uh, I, I'm a writer."
"A writer? Excellent."
"Did you write anything?"
"Of course I wrote. I told you I'm a writer."
"Yes, I heard that. Did you write anything I read?"
"Uhm... Maybe, I don't think so."
"Try me. What was that? Book, comic, short story, scenario, poem?"
"A book."
"Nice, what was it's name?"
"Aw, uhm, it was Stolen Cage."
"That trash was yours?"
"That wasn't a trash. It was my best seller novel!"
"Seriously?"
"Yes!"
"Well, it was a trash anyway."
"It wasn--"
"Now, you can go and work."
"Wai-- I--"
"Hey," D said suddenly came to the room, "Goodmo--"
"Hurry up, hurry up. Go to the outside! Take the key," old man said and gave a key to young man.
"But, wait, what ke--"
"D will explain you, your work."
"Whoa? What work?
"Cleaning, helping stuff! The stuffs a bookstore needs. D, show the room to the boy."
"Yes, Sir."
"But, miste--"
"Outside the room kids! I'm a busy man!" and he pushed them to the outside of the room and closed to door.

"Well," D said, "I will show you the room."
"What? What room? No room. Who is this crazy old man? He never listens to me!"
"He is Mr. Ozzy."
"So?" he asked with sarcastic voice.
"This is, here, Mr. Ozzy's Bookstore, did you miss the board?"
"Really? Are you kidding me?" and he's voice was still sarcastic.
"Nope. Wanna see the room?"
"No. I don't want to see the room!"
"Okay," and she started walking.
"Wait, where are you going?" he followed her.
"Front side of the store of course. I have work to do."
"What work?" they arrived to the front side of the store.
"Reading," and she sat on the chair behind the cash table (?).
"Seriously? You're kidding me."
"Why? You do not read?"
"Of course I read, I'm a writer."
"Yup, I heard that," and she started reading. Young man looked at her with blank eyes. After these they heard the old man's voice.

"D! D!"
"Yes, Mr. Ozzy?" she yelled but she continued to read as well.
"Did you see," he came to them. He seemed like searching for something, "did you see my glasses?," what was I say? "I can't find them."
"They are on your head Mr. Ozzy."
"Oh, there you are. Thank you young lady, oh, who is this young man?" old man asked.
"He is John Doe, he was a writer," she said still reading her book.
"I AM a writer."
"Sorry, he IS a writer, Mr. Ozzy," and she turned over the page.
"Oh, how wonderful career for a young man. Did you write anything I read?" old man asked very nicely.
Young man looked him weirdly and answered to him, "No."
"What a shame," old man said sadly, "well, I have to go. Take care of the store young ones."
"Good days Mr. Ozzy," and she passed on to other page.
"Is he..."
"Yup, he is" and she turned over the page, again.


CUT!


Edited by Roselyn Shade

No comments:

Post a Comment